I’ve held off writing up this review for the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Water as I wanted it to be as thorough as possible. I’ve wore this almost daily since I bought it and can’t fault it at all.
Here is some information on the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Water…
Simply put, we have no other BB foundation with a thin, water-like veil. What makes it a technological feat is our breakthrough system that suspends pigments in H2O. The big pay-off: a BB that hydrates your skin throughout the day and a demi-matte, but never flat complexion. Just a few drops create a remarkably natural-looking canvas that still camouflages imperfections. Just build for more coverage. Plus, our exclusive Photoset Polymers—taken from medical grade liquid bandage technology—make it last from A.M. to after hours.
Firstly let me say this, I LOVE BB WATER! If you want to skim this review and just look at the pics know this stuff is absolutely amazing! I cannot fault it and think its worth every penny! However, I’m sure there’s an odd few out there who will want a bit more detail, so here goes…
- It has a brilliant dropper and not a pump. This means less mess, less waste and also its fairly hygienic too!
- Its super light! This literally feels like moisturiser on my skin. It glides on and blends out like a dream! It makes my skin feel hydrated too.
- I definitely notice my pores are blurred slightly which I love and it gives my skin a nice demi matte finish. Its my skin but better and no cakey-ness at all!
- Coverage is light to medium, almost full. You can build this bad boy up nicely. I apply 1 light covering to my face and then apply a tiny bit more to those places I have darker pigmentation, it covers mostly everything on me without looking heavy.
- My skin literally looks so fresh and even youthful wearing this, its one of my most complimented foundations.
- Lasting power is amazing too! I rarely powder of this as I like the finish, but I also find it lasts well on my skin without a setting spray and powder. I get a good 4-6 hours wear without any issues. Slightly longer and I may need to powder my t-zone. It doesn’t cling to my dry patches and even after several hours wear my dry patches don’t look emphasised like with some foundations.
- No matter how I apply this product it always looks good. Fingers, sponge, brushes… It doesn’t matter, it looks good on my skin. Favourite is probably a buffing brush and then a stippling brush for areas that need a little more coverage.
I rarely spend money on higher end foundations after a few bad experiences with colour matching (<coughs> Clinique and Estee Lauder), but even with only 8 shades this will suit almost everyone. Even their ultra light shade ‘Fair’ will be great for most ULTRA pale skin tones.
I ended up buying this in the shade light which is perfect for me. I didn’t get colour matched but previously used the Camera Ready BB Cream in Light so was pretty sure they would be the same if not VERY similar and was right. If you aren’t sure I would recommend getting colour matched if you can before purchasing.
The BB Water is just amazing. I know you are probably sick of me saying that but it truly is. Its worth every penny and I have no disappointments at all. I have to also add this is my 5th or maybe 6th purchase from Smashbox and I can’t fault them either. I love their products and the staff are absolutely smashing – so don’t every feel worried about asking them for advice, they are a lovely bunch and no where near as pushy or intimidating as the Benefit girls (What? Tell me that’s not the case sometimes?).
To summarise the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Water is great. Whatever you skin type I think it will work for you. I will add, even those with oily skin will probably be good and may not need to use a primer either. I find my oily areas stay put throughout the day! Coverage is build-able, a little does a long way and the shade range is good too. Even mature skin will like this one as its hydrating, so it will help with giving your skin that ‘fresh’ feeling. Worth every penny, I can’t recommend this one enough!
Lots of Love,