I’ve been a huge fan of John Frieda products now for years and today’s post is all about their Miraculous Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner and how’s it been keeping my locks smooth and silky!
Since going back to super blonde (Yep, like Britney once said, “Oops, I did it again”), my hair has needed something a little more suited to drier hair. I’m lucky in that the damage on my hair is VERY minimal considering what I’ve put it through, but can suffer with a little frizz and like and shampoo/conditioning system which can aid my issues. The John Frieda Miraculous Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner have been doing just that.
Here is a little information about the Miraculous Recovery Shampoo…
- Repair the look and feel of dry, damaged hair while restoring natural frizz defences for noticeably silky-smooth results.
- With Amino Repair Complex, unmanageably frizzy hair can now be a distant memory, as 75% of surface damage is instantly reversed for 3x smoother hair. This targeted formulation with conditioning agents also help to seal split ends, while providing intense nourishment for touchably-smooth hair.
- Expertly designed for medium-thick and wavy-curly hair types, but suitable for all levels of frizz, including colour-treated hair.
The shampoo has a lovely fresh fruity scent and lathers up really well on the hair. I do find with this shampoo I can just wash my hair once and get that ‘fresh, clean’ hair feeling. Although I never would shampoo and not condition my hair (Unless I am doing some form of treatment that warrants that), my hair after shampooing does not feel dry or have that rough kind of texture to it. In fact, even my ends felt smooth and that was before conditioning, which if you have bleached hair (Especially those of us who are platinum) is saying quite a lot!
I’ve really enjoyed using the John Frieda Miraculous Recovery Repairing Shampoo and would recommend it to those who do have dry, damaged and frizzy hair. My hair definitely feels more hydrated after using it and I’ve had minimal frizz too!
Here is a little information about the Miraculous Recovery Repairing Conditioner…
Reverse 75% of surface damage for 3x smoother hair*. Containing an Amino Repair complex, these new products help nourish and replenish moisture, addressing split ends, whilst still controlling your frizz. Also ensuring to repair and restore resilience for healthy hair whilst restoring shine for soft, manageable hair.
The conditioners fragrance is more subtle than the shampoo and slightly sweeter. I love how this fragrance lingers in my hair and is not over powering at all. I have been using this conditioner a few ways;
- Straight after shampooing, applying the conditioner to my hair, massaging the product in and leaving it a minute or 2, then rinsing. This is just basic conditioning and leaves my hair lovely and soft after with a silky feel.
- The second method is slightly different as I’ve been using it as more of an intensive treatment without actually applying a masque. I apply the conditioner after shampooing to towel dried hair, pop a shower cap on and either apply a little heat or wrap my hair in a towel. This gets left on for up to 30 minutes and then rinsed. This is great for a once a week hair treatment, not as intensive obviously as a masque but my hair has been really enjoying this!
- Lastly, this method will only really be great for the blondies out there, I’ve been mixing in a little vegetable dye (Directions mostly, but also Manic Panic) in Violet to make a pale violet mix and using this to tone my hair. I do this on both dry and damp hair, leaving it up to 30 minutes (Depending on tone depth) and find it works a treat. The conditioner is white, so its perfect for this use.
As you can see, I’ve really been trying out some different things with this product and can’t fault it. I know everyone’s hair is different and what works for one hair type, won’t always work for all, but generally I’ve found this great on my hair and also my daughters coarse thick hair too (That is virgin hair, super thick and coarse in texture). I’d definitely recommend giving this product a go as the results on my hair have been really good to the point I’ve actually let it air dry a few times and not ending up looking like Doc Brown from Back to the Future!
If you would like to see my previous posts on John Frieda products, click here.
Lots of Love,