I’ve been wanting to do a review on a teeth whitening kit for ages, but they always cost so much! Don’t get my wrong I don’t mind paying for something that works, but what if you do buy one of these really expensive kits and it doesn’t?! So like I did with the eyelash lengthening serums (I’m still currently reviewing and testing Rapid Lash at present) I thought I’d start at the cheap end and work my way up.
While doing my Superdrug order the other day I came across this product by the Brilliant 1 week Tooth Whitening Kit. It cost £5.59 so very cheap and I’ll be honest at that price I’m not sure it will do a great deal – still cheaper things have surprised me in the past!
Inside the kit you have several products and a mouth guard. It all fits nicely into the kit and is easy to get out and book back away, something I love as I hate taking everything out of a package to find it doesn’t go back in the same way!!
The kit only has instructions on the back, but they are quite thorough and easy to follow;
1. Gently brush your teeth and make sure they are clean
2. Squeeze the Brilliant whitening into the upper and lower grooves of the mouth guard, don’t put too much in – it will not improve the performance.
3. Apply the Brilliant Accelerator with the sponge applicator end directly to your teeth where you want them to be whitened. Make sure once you have applied the accelerator you do not close your mouth!
4. Immediately put the mouth guard into your mouth so that the Accelerator can mix with the Whitening Gel. Leave in your mouth for 5-10 minutes (I left it in for 10 minutes to give it a really good chance).
Looks really attractive doesn’t it! I advise doing this without people about as you will just be the laughing stock of your home!
5. As soon as the time is up, remove the tray (Wash it out after you are all finished for hygiene reasons!) and brush your teeth with the Brilliant Whitening toothpaste.
As I wasn’t expecting much from the first time, I still took before and after photos for you all to see – excuse the scary looking snarl face!!
Here is a picture before I used the kit – I don’t think they look terrible but you can see staining on them. I am an avid coffee drinker and this is seriously reflected on my teeth!! (Please not the top middle left tooth is a veneer so I am not expecting to see any change with this tooth)
Here is the after picture
I don’t know if it shows too well but some of the staining has gone. Not all of it but some; for one use I found this quite impressive! I also noticed in the middle of my top front teeth there was a clear gap (I do floss regularly but have never noticed the clear gap before) so am guessing it has removed some plaque maybe? I may be wrong but as it was an observation I wanted to note it.
This kit can be used twice a day for 7 days. After 7 days you should notice your teeth are whiter by up to 4 shades. This kit is free from peroxide an is fairly gentle. The kit also says it helps prevent further staining and also control tartar.
I have noticed my teeth feel a little achy since, almost sensetive. I have read this about teeth whitening kits. I will continue to use the kit as long as it doesn’t get too bad.
So this is part 1 of the review, in 7 days time I will post another picture of how my teeth are looking and we can see if the kit works. The kid does suggest using their whitening toothpaste so I will use that also rather than my usual brand. If the sensitivity becomes too much I will post back before with pictures to as far as we got.
Have you tried any teeth whitening kits? Did you find they worked?
Lots of Love,